The 1939 Grade School
The school was designed by S. Haynes in the International style. The Historical Society acquired the building in 1996 from the town. The Society became a non-profit tax-exempt organization dedicated to preserving New Braintree's historic and cultural heritage. The building houses the town post office and a schoolroom museum with exhibits of town events, artifacts, historic materials, a virtual town center tour, and many class pictures. It is also the location for Society meetings and events. The museum is open by appointment*, during meetings ,and events.
*Call the Society at 508-867-8608 or Deb Morrision at 508-867-3324.
1939 Grade School/ Museum dressed up with cake, for the 250th Celebration, 2001.
U. George Briggs Tractors (no longer displayed)
Town History Displays
Display and Society Sale items